Monday, March 10, 2008

friends

When my children were small I regularly got together with friends at the park or at our homes to chat and have coffee while our children played. Now, not so much. I miss seeing those people but everyone's schedule has changed, my kids are in school and we don't spend much time hanging out at the park. Last week I made a pot of coffee and a batch of scones and had two friends over for a visit. It was a good reminder that I need to connect with people and not just randomly, but on purpose. Lively conversation+strong coffee+a delicious bite to eat=happy afternoon.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

I love that photo. It seems like the only time I get to sit with a friend for coffee and conversation is when my friend Carrie visits from out of town. Not often enough.